Monday, August 24, 2015

My favorite Place - Kerala, India

     
     There is always few places that holds a place in our heart. Sometimes these places provide us with a great escape from the busy world around us. For me this place is the little town I grew up in. When I was 12 years old, I moved from my little town to the city. The place I grew up in is a beautiful little town in Kerala, India. Kerala is known as God's own country. It is a land filled with exotic wildlife, many rivers and beautiful sceneries. Visiting my home town for vacations were such a relief to me. I was away from all the noise and crowded city areas and was in the world of gorgeous paddy fields and coconut trees. Every where I look, I can see green. 
Image information: Personal photo taken in June 2012 by Anu Roy


Personal photo taken in june 2012 by Anu Roy
The pictures above were taken when I went to Kerala in 2012, for summer vacation. These green paddy fields are located in walkable distance from my house. During every car ride, passing these paddy fields were blissful to my eyes. It was certainly one of my favorite places. As weird as it sounds every time I pass this area, I think about the ecosystems, microorganisms, and other organisms it gives a home to. It also makes me happy that there are many agricultural areas like this still surviving to provide the world with food and other resources. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Anu, I am so jealous: I have read so much about Kerala, seen so many pictures, but I have never been to India... I really hope I will get to go someday, and Kerala would be a place I would just have to go. Marvelous! Maybe you will want to do a project related to Kerala for this class. It is home to some wonderful legends and stories of its own, as well as being such a beautiful setting! When I was writing up notes for a beautiful story about Arjuna in one of the Amar Chitra Katha comic books for class, Kerala came up there, just to take one example:
    Tales of Arjuna
    I am excited that your Kerala connection can be part of the class this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging comment. I would love to do a project over Kerala.

      Delete