Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 1: Curation



I have been using google chrome bookmark from high school. In the beginning when I started using it, I just bookmarked the links I wanted and did not put them in to folders. Later on, when I wanted to find something it became more difficult. Especially when I was in 11th grade, we had to do a research and I book marked many links. When the time came for accessing all the links I have bookmarked, it became a great difficulty to access them. I spend an extra ten minutes sitting in front of my computer, going through my bookmark, and putting all the information for the research in to one folder. After that, I started using folders in the bookmark. I enjoy watching dance videos and when I have to choreograph dances, I go back to these dance videos and get ideas for dance steps from the dance videos I have bookmarked. Putting them in to folder according to songs helped me a lot when it came for me to choreograph. I did not realize what I was doing was curation, until I read the assignment “curate and share”. I am also very familiar with Pinterest; I mainly use it for making DIY projects and cooking. I am also planning to start using Pinterest for this class. 
6 Great tools for content curation #infographic
Pinterest image: Curation
I found this image on Pinterest. I picked this image because it breaks down the idea of curation and how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment