Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week 2: Indian Epics Brain Storm


1.     Rama and Sita’s love story
Rama and Sita have a very complicated love story. They fell in love with each other in first sight. Their love for each other is remarkable. Even though, they didn’t know each other for a long time and they just got married, Sita decided to accompany Rama to the forest. She decided to let go off all her wealth and comfort to be with her husband. Rama went to war with a powerful Rakshasa to get Sita back when she was kidnapped. He could have avoided the conflict by deciding to let go of Sita. However, he decided to find Sita and protect her. Later on in their marriage they had to go through many obstacles. Their love towards each other helped them overcome these obstacles. I want to know more about their story.
Research so far- I have read reading diary A and B for week 2 and it had so much information about Rama and Sita. I am planning on reading more Wikipedia articles to gain more information about Rama and Sita.
Rama and Sita
2.      Krishna
Growing up, I have heard many stories about Krishna. Only information I knew about him was that he had so many wives, he was very naughty when growing up, he steels ghee and he was a Hindu god. Whenever I see pictures of Krishna, every picture portrayed him as blue. He was a blue human being!
Research so far- I have read couple of stories online and looked up some of the Wikipedia articles. I am going to look up Krishna’s stories online and if I can’t find much information, I am going to ask my friends in India who are Hindus and very familiar with the stories about Krishna for more information.  

Baby Krishna Eating Ghee

3.      Ganesh
I do not know much about Ganesh; however his elephant trunk in a human body is very interesting. I have always been interested in elephants and every time I see pictures of Ganesh it reminds me of elephant. I think it will be interesting to do a story book or portfolio about Ganesh. He is the son of both Parvathy and Shiva.
Research so far- I have read Wikipedia articles about Ganesh, and have found books in Bizzell library.
Ganesh
4.      Vikramaditya
Vikramaditya was a king to Paramara Dynasty. He was a very intelligent king. I do not know much about him; however I have read few stories about Vikramaditya and Vethalam in a children’s comic book called “Bhalarama”. It was stories about how he would try to capture the Vethalam and Vethalam will tell stories to the king and the end of comic book stories, Vethalam always escapes and the new story begins with the king finding the Vethalam and continuing the journey with a new story. I think this topic will make a great storybook. I enjoyed reading the stories about Vikramditya and Vehalam, so I hope the readers will also enjoy it.
Research so far- I have watched couple of episodes of Vikramaditya and Vethalam on youtube, read Wikipedia articles. I found a book about him in Bizzell library reserves, by this week I am going to check out the book from reserves and planning on reading it by the end of this week. 


Vikramaditya and Vethalam













No comments:

Post a Comment