Sunday, September 20, 2015

Vikram and Bethal: Brainstorm Styles

For the storybook, I am planning on using the Vikram and Bethal stories. I loved these stories from wgen I was young. First I got exposed to these stories when it came in Bhalarama- a Malayalam comic book. Bethal tells Vikram a lot of stories which expose Vikram’s intelligent. My goal is to find as many stories of Bethal and Vikram. Since there are so many stories which Bethal told Vikram, I will have to be careful about which story I want to use.

Bibliography  
1. Vikram and Bethal Stories  - from Bharadesham website 
2. Stories of Vikram and Bethal - YouTube videos on Vikram and Bethal 
   


Story Telling Styles 

1. Bethal's Point of View - I would like to tell the story in Bethal’s point of view. It will include Bethal’s wisdom and intelligent. I would like to start with how bethal thinking to himself how lonely it is to stay in forest by himself. I also want to include background information about Bethal.

2. Vikram's point of View- I would like to tell the story in Vikram’s point of view. It will include the frustration of Vikram when Bethal return to the tree. I would also like to include the thought process which goes through his head when Bethal tells the story. I want to add the battle in his head to speak the up and answer bethal’s question or not.

3. Modern Story- I would like to narrate the story in a modern setting. Vikram as a debt collector who got employed recently, Bethal as the person who borrowed money and the Rishi as the evil owner of the finance company.

4. Tell The Story As It Is - This way is pretty much tell the story as it is by adding some twists. I do not know what I will adding or taking off in the story. However I would like to include the things like what happened to Vikram and Bethal after the encounter with the Rishi.



Vikram and Bethal

No comments:

Post a Comment