Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 6, Story telling : Bhima and Hidimbi

September 25, 2015
How can my mother ask me to marry a Rakshasi? She is beautiful indeed, however I do not know her. She just showed up and I slayed her brother, and she is still saying that she loves me. My mom cannot arrange my marriage like this. I cannot refuse my mother’s proposal. I warned Hidimbi to not follow us and told her I will kill her if she does that, but that sneaky girl got my mom on her side. I think I have no other option now except to marry her and take her as my wife.
September 26, 2015
Today, I had to leave my brothers and mother to live with my wife. I am not so happy about that. She carried me on her back to live on mountains. She cooked for me and fed me. I am still getting used to her.
September 27, 2015
I woke up hearing her sweet voice. I did not know she could sing this beautifully. I cannot believe she sang songs for me, just for me. Today, I felt good about waking up next to her. I still refused to talk to her, because I felt like she used my mother’s compassion to get married to me. Around noon, I was drawn to the kitchen by this mouthwatering aroma to find her cooking. I tasted her food and instantly fell in love with her! I guess when they say “a man’s stomach is the way to his heart” is true.
September 28, 2015
She came and laid next to me during bedtime. For the first time I was looking forward to waking next to her. What is going on? Am I starting to fall in love with her? I cannot fall in love with her; my mother fixed our marriage.
September 29, 2015
She is such a beauty! I love spending time with her. I wish to bear a child with her. Our child will be as strong as I am and have her good qualities. I cannot believe a rakshasa turned in to someone who is more kind than a human is.
July 30, 2015

Today my son was born. I am the happiest man alive on the earth. I have a perfect wife and a healthy son with her. I cannot ask for anything else. She blessed me with a SON! Omg I cannot be anymore happier. I have to travel back to my mother and brothers and show them my son. 


Bhima and his family
Author's note
I wrote this story from Bhima's point of view. It is in a diary form. I got the idea for the story by reading some Diary Style storybook and from the chapter Bhima and Hidimbi. You can read the original story here

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sweet story and its happy ending. Moreover, this is my first time to read a diary style storytelling.

    If you could add a space between two days, your storytelling would be perfect. When I read the diary of each day, I can feel the transition of Bhima’s thought to Hidimbi. And those thoughts changed very smoothly. In sum, a great storytelling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your story! I have not seen any other stories in this format so far, and I liked how it made the story seem more personal and it gave us an inside look into Bhima's thoughts during this whole section of the story. I also liked how you developed the relationship between Bhima and Hidimbi because it showed the progression from disinterest to love. It was a very interesting story and I think you did a great job of portraying Bhima's thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anu! I really liked how your story was formatted into a diary! I enjoyed reading it all together. I was able to understand the thoughts of the main character and know how he felt. At first he didn't like her at all but as time passed, he ended up falling for her. I love happy endings. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! This story is so enjoyable to read! Actually liked it a lot, especially the relationship thingie! Well done on that. As a student, i often feel the need of getting help with writing my paper. Best place to get it? Writeanypapers writing service, for sure.

    ReplyDelete